Thursday, June 25, 2015

21 Day Fix Lasagna Roll Ups

I found this recipe and decided to give it a shot!  I always like to change supper up a bit and try something new every now and then.  So when I seen these, I knew I had to try them.  And they were really good.  My husband loved them and my 2 year old did as well!  Hope you enjoy them as much as my family did.



Ingredients
9 lasagna noodles (Whole Wheat or Whole Grain noodles), cooked
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained

1 (15 ounce) container fat free or light ricotta cheese  (I've also used 2% cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
salt and fresh pepper(optional)

1 chicken breast, cooked and diced (I've even used lean Hamburger meat or minced Turkey meat as well) 
32 oz tomato sauce
9 Tablespoons part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded


Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure the spinach is drained well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. 


I



Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.  Use remaining ladle sauce and over the noodles in the baking dish.  Then top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

Containers 
1 yellow 1 green 1 red 1 blue (or 1/2 blue depending on how much cheese you use) 1 purple 
2 roll ups equals one serving 

20 comments:

  1. If I make the grandmas sauce from the cook book, is it still a purple? Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn posted about this on her Facebook page last May clearing up the pasta sauce container color for us! She said her homemade sauce is green since there is no added sugar and its homemade. Pasta sauce from the shelf is a purple because it has added sugars just like fruits we eat! Hope this helps 😊

      Delete
  2. That seems like it's awfully lot of food 2 roll ups for 1 serving. How did you come up with the serving size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like it's awfully lot of food 2 roll ups for 1 serving. How did you come up with the serving size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also not 21 day approved unless the noodles are whole grain or whole wheat I don't believe, but still sounds good to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes noodles have to be Whole Wheat or Whole Grain noodles to be fix approved! Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, wanted to see if you could clear up one more thing for me-if I am making my own sauce, would it be 2 greens instead of 1 green and 1 purple? Just want to clarify because I am making this on Sunday for my lunch next week :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is only about 2oz of spinach per serving and 1 green= 8oz of veggies. How are you getting 1 green? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to get foil. Is it still okay if I don't cover it with foil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cooked it a few times without the foil when I've ran out and it's turned out fine!

      Delete
  9. Are the container counts above including the chicken? I am using lean ground turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are including the chicken! It would fall under the red container (protein).

      Delete
  10. If you use lean ground beef, how much do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you use lean ground beef, how much do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you know about how many calories per serving this is?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this for the super bowl (and left overs this week) and it got rave reviews. I used ground venison as that's what we had and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How much in general does this make?

    ReplyDelete