Wednesday, January 20, 2016

21 Day Fix Alfredo Sauce!

OK I'm not a big Alfredo person.....But I made this last night after my mom sent it to me and OH My it's AMAZING!  I honestly wouldn't of known it was homemade and not from a restaurant!  My 3 year old who's not a big eater had seconds of it he liked it so much!  So of course I had to share with all of you!  And yes it is 21 Day Fix approved for all my Fixers! 


So get ready to have your taste buds begging for more! 

(How I made mine last night was I followed the instructions on how to make it. Then I added chicken and Cajun seasoning to it. I wanted it to taste like the Cajun Chicken Alfredo from Red Lobster)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups 2% Cottage Cheese 
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 1-2 tsp garlic powder depending on your preference
  • 1/2 tsp lemon zest (Optional)
  • 4 Tbsp Low-Fat Milk
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Black pepper to taste
  • Parsley to garnish

Instructions:
  1. Add all ingredients, except parsley to a small saucepan over super, super, super low heat.  Stir constantly until hot and cheese has melted.  
  2. Carefully transfer to blender. 
  3. Blend smooth
  4. Pour over your favorite pasta. Garnish with parsley, black pepper, and sea salt if desired. 
  5. Enjoy! 
21 Day Fix: 1 cup serving
1 Red
1 Blue  


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I was wondering how many servings does the recipe make? I have a family of 5 to feed and want to make sure it's enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my family of 4 it's the perfect amount and we still have some left over. I doubled it before when I had 7 of us total for dinner and I had tons left over

      Delete